May 9, 2010

Raelene, Producer and Megalomaniac

With only two days to go till Day 1 of production, our major drama Diploma film is coming along well. I'd say it's a lot better than it was two days ago considering we've done our call sheets, shooting schedules, finalised shot lists and rehearsed actors. However, in this world, nothing is ever close to perfection.

I'm still missing extras to be a part of the film, and confirmations from one supporting role actor and a make-up artist. It's been a long and tiresome journey, and I've many stories to tell about this road of pre-production. All to be revealed in a week from now, or so.

Other priorities at the moment include figuring out how I am going to get myself all the way to Manly, then to Lindfield for camera equipment. Then down to Alexandria, to school in Redfern, and back to the city. This is going to be a long ass week.

That aside, I think the most challenging part of this project so far has been my inability to deliver the wants to satisfy everybody's needs. An ordinary day would see this glass in my head being filled and filled and filled till the water meets the brim but does not overflow. At the end of that day, the water would come gushing out like a violent river, leaving the glass half empty. Half empty. I want to make a superhero reference here, but I honestly don't know anything.

Four weeks later, I still wonder why I have put myself in a producer role again. It is as if a little, motherly part of me wants to test my limits by pushing me to the very edge. I don't like it, but I know I'm going to learn shitloads. A self-punishment kind of purpose, bordering along the lines of megalomania and masochism.

I promise to come back after production week to tell you all about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment