Oct 23, 2010

Kino Kabaret - the 32-hour filmmaking challenge

This year, I chose to take part in my first Kino Kabaret challenge. The rules are you make a film in 32 hours, to be presented at the Kino Kabaret party 32 hours later. I felt that it would be a great way to push myself back into making films again, and it will be good practise to get back behind the camera again.

What I had not remembered when I signed up and had my place in the weekend session (this weekend, 23-24 October) of Kabaret was that I had already bought entry to the annual SPAA Fringe film conference, held on 22-23 October.

I guess a challenge isn't a challenge without a few amateur scheduling mistakes, right? The other downside to this is that I won't be able to start shooting till at least 8pm tonight, which makes it all the more challenging. I've shot a short in 3 hours before, so perhaps it won't be such a bad next 32 hours.

I'll be uploading the film to Vimeo and will share it here once it has premiered at Kino tomorrow night. If you're around Paddington with nothing better to do at 6:30PM on Sunday 24th of October, come down to the Australian Centre of Photography (Oxford St) for the closing night of Kino Kabaret. $15 at the door will get you free drinks, food and some freshly made films. Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment