Jun 6, 2010

This Is Not Poetry - Day 0

19 hours to go till we begin shooting my thesis film This Is Not Poetry.

Excited? Yes. Nervous? Very much so.

The fact that my film is very simple in its execution plan, I'm continuously feeling as if I've missed something or have already made mistakes. I think a major concern right now is how I'm putting a whole lot of trust on my actors (two of whom are inexperienced, the other is otherwise) to help me bring vision to reality for the camera. I've only had one rehearsal with all three actors, and this is partly due to lack of time and other commitments. I put Kieran (as he leaves for South Africa. Left just today) at the top of my priority list over my film, which may have been a sweet mistake - but I shall never know otherwise. Apart from that, actors have lives too and it's just hard to arrange a suitable time that works for everyone. My DOP/Camera operator is acting in another classmate's film, set in Nowra, while I haven't had a face-to-face meeting with my 1st AD/Production Manager about the film at all (besides the phone call I just had with her of a run down for the film's plan of action).

However, all this lack of organisation and preparation may work out. I've had quite a lucky run with this film from fortunate acquaintances and such, and I feel like maybe this film will be just fine at the end of the day.

I'll touch some wood before I go to bed, just so I don't jinx anything. Also, my mum just arrived from Malaysia and brought a little babushka-like doll made completely out of a Keyaki tree from her trip to Japan before coming over here. I don't know what it is, but it has a body of hair painted on its chest. Well there's a hilarious tangent for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment