Apr 27, 2010

Green To Go!

So today we had to sit with our thesis teacher and basically pitch the project to her to be greenlit for production. I was fully prepared to be told I would have to do more work on the development side of things, including the treatment and shot list, but for some odd reason I felt the urge to just push for success.

Having heard we needed either a script or shot list to be greenlit, I immediately whipped out my laptop and began to write my shot list up to present in class. I spent at least an hour on three pages detailing the shots I wanted. Together with the treatment and example film (I showed her "Night", which basically demonstrates the style and shot-type I am after for this thesis film), I basically nailed my pitch and was given the greenlight on my project - given that I still don't have cast and locations organised.

The title of the film is "This is not poetry", derived from the thesis statement. Since I'm in a fairly good mood, here's the working synopsis of the film:
A young man with a penchant for poetry writes about his affection for a girl, only to achieve nothing but beautiful expressions of love and lust. He slowly becomes obsessed with his works just as he has with the girl, till he realises the only way out is to overcome his feelings – and as a result, destroys his memories of an unrequited love, with a click of a button.
And now the hunt for actors and locations begin.

I shall reveal more later!

2 comments:

  1. the working synopsis sounds interesting :) congrats on the go-ahead. can't wait to see your thesis film :) good luck with looking for the actors and the locations

    ReplyDelete