Apr 18, 2010

Writing My Big Thesis Film

I'm currently in the midst of writing a treatment and script for my final film, otherwise known as my 'thesis film'. We have been developing thesis statements in which we are required to explore a concept, thought or idea. The end result will be a film we would produce, direct and essentially make by ourselves.

I haven't been progressing as well as I should be, considering the thesis production period is in about 5 weeks, and I'm only just getting started in preparing for the major drama film I'm producing with my classmates. I only found out a few days ago that our thesis films need to be 'green-lit' by the end of this month, complete with a detailed treatment (including cast, crew, locations, possible budget, technical wants/equipment, etc).

My working thesis statement at the moment is "Feelings For Sale", which I shall let you interpret for yourselves till later down the track.

I don't particularly want to reveal as much about this project as perhaps being discrete could help me build the best film I can. Nevertheless, I will keep you as informed as I can about how the project shapes up as I get closer and closer to the end.

Here's a quote I found, which relates to my thesis statement to feed your curiosity:

"All the books we own, both read and unread, are the fullest expression of self we have at our disposal"

- Nick Hornby, author

1 comment: